A suspect has been arrested after a road rage incident ended in shots-fired at a truck on State Route 18 near the Tiger Mountain Summit earlier this month. The Washington State Patrol recently provided the following press release.

King County: At approximately 6:15pm on August 6, 2019, Washington State Patrol (WSP) dispatch received a 911 call stating that the driver of a red Toyota Tacoma pickup had fired shots at a silver Chevrolet Tahoe WB SR 18 near Tiger Mountain Summit.

According to the witness and the victim this incident started when the Toyota cut the Tahoe off exiting from WB I-90 to WB SR 18.  Once on SR 18, the Toyota was in a lane that merged into the lane the Tahoe was in and cut the Tahoe off again making light contact with the right front of the Tahoe.  The vehicles continued WB SR 18 and while approaching the summit where it opens to two lanes, the Toyota pulled along the right side of the Tahoe and the driver shot four to five rounds toward the right rear of the vehicle.

The vehicles continued WB SR 18 and both took the exit to the Issaquah / Hobart Road where the Tahoe driver was able to obtain the plate of the Toyota which matched the plate the witness had provided.  This was the last time the Tahoe driver saw the Toyota. 

WSP dispatchers directed the Tahoe driver to drive to the Snoqualmie Police Department where troopers would make contact.  Upon contact, troopers were able to determine that the rounds fired hit the right rear tire of the Tahoe, ultimately destroying the tire.  The driver and passengers did not sustain any injuries from the gunshots.

Detectives located the vehicle at the registered owner’s address in Ravensdale and a search warrant was applied for and obtained. 

At approximately 12:15pm on August 7, 2019, WSP detectives along with support of WSP SWAT conducted a knock and talk at the Ravensdale residence.  A male matching the description of the driver of the Toyota answered the door.  The search warrant was executed on the Toyota and a Berretta handgun was discovered along with ammunition and spent shell casings.  This finding along with admissions by the individual detectives placed 29 year old Joshua Crawford under arrest.  Crawford was subsequently booked into the King County Jail for Investigation of a Drive By Shooting and Hit and Run.