Out of an abundance of caution and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients Grays Harbor Community Hospital (GHCH) has implemented enhanced visitation rules for the hospital. No visitors will be allowed to the hospital unless they meet one of the exceptions below:
- 1 support person per OB patient.
- Any patient on comfort care (end of life) can have 1 visitor at a time. Each visitor has to go through the Emergency Room to be screened prior to visiting.
- 1 decision maker with power of attorney or appointed by the court.
- Drivers for day surgery patients will be required to give a phone number we can call to have the patient picked up. They will be asked to wait outside the building for the call.
- No visitors under 18 years old.
- No visitors allowed in the critical care unit at this time.
- Any patient who is being tested for COVID-19 and is in isolation will not be allowed visitors.
We recognize that this is going to be upsetting to some in the community, but steps like this are necessary to minimize the transference of Coronavirus to patients, staff, and the community. The people we are treating are those most vulnerable to COVID-19. Many in Grays Harbor have underlying health issues which are treated at the hospital. The elderly, who are also more likely to be at GHCH, are particularly suspectable to bad outcomes from COVID-19. Please help us keep them safe.
Our ultimate goal is to keep transmission of the virus as low as possible and to keep mortality rates in our community as close to zero as possible. This is best accomplished with your help and understanding. We greatly appreciate the abundance of support from the community in this challenging situation.
If you have questions, please call: 360-537-5100