A Shelton man was among twenty others arrested recently after attempting to elicit sex from Washington youth. A press release from the Washington State Patrol said the dangerous sexual predators targeted children in Kitsap County. They were taken off the streets thanks to a multi-day operation run by law enforcement, county prosecutors, and victim advocate specialists. Additionally, 18 children were identified as potential victims of sex abuse crimes.
The operation is called “Net Nanny” and it has it’s origins in Kitsap County. Since that original August 2015 operation, there have been eight additional operations in Washington State. WSP Missing and Exploited Children Task Force (MECTF), an Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) affiliate, spearheads the multi-agency operation that includes partners in federal, state, and local law enforcement. The “Net Nanny” series, conducted throughout the State of Washington, has netted a total of 135 arrests and rescued 22 identified child victims throughout the state.
“The Internet has become a hunting ground for sexual predators that are targeting our vulnerable children,” says WSP Chief John R. Batiste.” “This multi-agency operation is taking dangerous individuals off the streets and making communities safer for families”
Law enforcement officers acting in an undercover capacity, communicated on the internet through various websites with individuals interested in having sex with children. The operation generated hundreds of responses. The would-be perpetrators who were arrested in the operation traveled to meet with undercover detectives posing as young girls and boys with the intent to engage in sexual activity with them.
In addition to the 20 suspects that were arrested, 8 suspects have been identified as having access to children at risk of being abused. Additional follow-up investigations are currently underway to identify those children and arrange the appropriate assistance for any abuse they may have been exposed to.
The crimes investigated are:
- RCW 9A.44.073 – Rape of a child in the first/second degree – attempt
- RCW 69.50.406 – Distribution to persons under age of eighteen
- RCW 9.68A.100 – Commercial sexual abuse of a minor
- RCW 9.68A.070 – Possession of depictions of minor engaged in sexually explicit conduct
- RCW 9.68A.050 – Dealing in depictions of minor engaged in sexually explicit conduct
- RCW 9.68A.090 – Communication with a minor for immoral purposes
- RCW 9.68A.101 – Promoting Commercial Sexual Abuse of a Minor
- RCW 69.50.401 – Violation of Controlled Substance Act
The names of the individuals arrested during the operation are:
- Boyd L. Carter, 41, Silverdale, Washington
- Seth J. Curran, 30, Seattle, Washington
- Christopher R. Johnson, 38, Bremerton, Washington
- Logan C. Kaseno, 28, Port Orchard, Washington
- Timothy C. Crow, 55, Port Gamble, Washington
- Jerry B. Stock II 28, Port Orchard, Washington
- Gerald S. Complita, 57, Olalla, Washington
- Brandon J. Lum, 29, Carson, Washington
- Jeremy K. Ziesing, 39, Orting, Washington
- Kryan J. Lien, 49, Silverdale, Washington
- Roderick A. Rigmaiden, 20, Renton, Washington
- Steven A. Pemberton, 36, Silverdale, Washington
- Anthony J. Budd, 30, Shelton, Washington
- Jainend Kumar, 50, Puyallup, Washington
- Nikolaus K. Matthews, 26, Bremerton, Washington
- Michael A. Feola, 44, Silverdale, Washington
- Jacob W. Schaefer, 44, Olalla, Washington
- Anthony D. Diorio, 57, Bremerton, Washington
- Teren N.T. Lee, 34, Bremerton, Washington
- Norman W. Pauley Jr., 45, Kent, Washington
Suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
The success of this operation was a collaborative effort involving over 60 dedicated law enforcement and staff from the following agencies:
- Washington State Patrol Missing and Exploited Children Task Force
- Southeast Region Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Task Force
- S. Homeland Security Investigations
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS)
- Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office
- West Sound Narcotics Enforcement Team (WestNET)
- Bremerton Police Department
- Kitsap 911
- Kitsap County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office
- Washington State Attorney General Office
- S. Attorney General Office
- Washington State Patrol Human Trafficking Task Force East and West
- Washington State Patrol High-Tech Crime Unit
- Washington State Patrol Criminal Investigation Division
- Washington State Patrol Field Operation Bureau – District 8
The funding for this operation was made possible due in part by support from the public as well as a generous donation from Operation Underground Railroad (O.U.R.). O.U.R. is a non-profit 501(c)(3) shares the mission of law enforcement agencies to save children and see that child predators are arrested and prosecuted. O.U.R. is privileged and honored to partner with our nation’s law enforcement heroes in this important cause to combat the sexual exploitation of children in our nation’s communities.
MECTF is a state law enforcement agency governed by RCW 13.60.110, and not designated as a 501 (c)(3) charity. Please consult with your tax professional or the Internal Revenue Service to determine if your donation is tax exempt. To donate and support MECTF, please visit: http://www.wsp.wa.gov/mectf/donate.php.