It was a busy night in Ocean Shores Tuesday, with a domestic violence arrest and an attempted suicide saved from a 4th story roof. Sgt David McManus with the Ocean Shores Police Department said it started around 6 PM Tuesday, with a man yelling obscenities in the parking lot of the police station.

When contacted by officers in the building, the man yelled more obscenities then drove off. Officers began checking the area, then received a call that he was in the parking lot of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, yelling obscenities at a house across the street.

They found him going into a home on Sunset Ave. NE. He locked the door and turned off the lights, but not before officers spotted a child with him. Officers became concerned that a hostage situation with his wife and child was unfolding and spent two hours attempting to contact him inside the home.

A search warrant was obtained, and Ocean Shores officers entered, assisted by two Sheriff’s Deputies. The 38-year old man was taken into custody without incident. A woman and the child were found in a locked bedroom. The man now face charges of Disorderly Conduct and Obstructing a Law Enforcement Officer.

When asked why he was yelling at the police station, the man explained that several months ago, an Ocean Shores PD Officer had spoken to him rudely.

McManus said that around 10:45pm on the same night, a girl called 911, reported that she was suicidal, then hung up on the dispatcher. She called back several times over the next fifteen minutes, first saying she was on a roof, then that someone else was suicidal, then that the caller could see a girl on the roof of a motel.

Officers located the 15-year old female on the fourth-story roof of a motel in downtown Ocean Shores. The girl repeatedly threatened to jump, and on several occasions dangled her feet over the edge before retreating.

The Ocean Shores Fire Department responded to assist. An Officer and two firefighter/ paramedics were able to access the roof near the girl, and the paramedics engaged her in conversation. After two hours, the girl finally agreed to come inside. She was taken to Aberdeen for a mental health evaluation and to provide her with appropriate support services.

The girl credited firefighter/paramedics Reese and Frank with talking her down, saying that their caring and friendliness made her feel safe enough to come in.