An unattended heater appears to be the cause of a fire in South Aberdeen last night. No injuries were reported at the home which was under construction. Battalion Chief Dave Golding said it was reported at 7:20 P.M. Thursday evening at 1921 Coolidge Road. Arriving crews from Aberdeen and Hoquiam Fire Departments found smoke coming from under the house and eves.

Crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire. A total of 11 firefighters responded in 1 command unit, 3 engines and 1 medic unit. There were no injuries to fire personnel or civilians.

The cause is believed to be an electrical short on a heater that was left running to dry out recently applied drywall spackle and caused an estimated $7,500 in damage.