If the weather cooperates, WSDOT bridge preservation crews will conduct routine inspections of several bridges across the Olympic Peninsula over the week of Aug. 6.
While the inspections are occurring, traffic will be reduced to a single alternating lane at each bridge with flaggers providing traffic control. The inspection times are approximate, and depend on the crew’s rate of progress:
Monday, Aug. 6
- Morning to early afternoon – US 101 Elwha River Bridge, west of Port Angeles
- Afternoon – State Route 112 Elwha River Bridge, west of Port Angeles
- Afternoon to early evening – SR 112 Lyre River Bridge, west of Joyce
Tuesday, Aug. 7
- Morning to early afternoon – SR 112 Falls Creek Bridge, near Sekiu
- Afternoon – SR 112 Green Creek Bridge, east of Clallam Bay
- Afternoon to early evening – SR 110 Bogachiel River Bridge, west of Forks
Wednesday, Aug. 8
- Morning to early afternoon – SR 105 O’Leary Creek Bridge, near Westport
Drivers are encouraged to plan extra travel time to reach their destinations.
Additional information about the status of the US 101 Elwha River Bridge, including how to receive WSDOT alerts, is available at ElwhaRiverBridge.com.