On March 1st, 2020 Managed Medicaid Carrier Amerigroup informed Grays Harbor Community Hospital (GHCH) and Harbor Medical Group (HMG) of their intention to terminate their provider partnership effective June 28, 2020 unless the hospital was willing to take a deep cut in reimbursement.
We continue to communicate with Amerigroup toward the goal of coming to a mutually acceptable resolution that maintains our long-standing partnership and benefits our community. For several months GHCH has attempted to negotiate for a fair long-term contract. However, in June Amerigroup began calling their customers to inform them that their GHCH and HMG providers were going to be out of network after June 28th.
Grays Harbor Community Hospital and Harbor Medical Group would like to apologize for the burden these actions have placed on some in our community. These are not outcomes that we want for our community. Please know that we are here to assist in lessening the impact on you and your family.
In response to this action GHCH has made the decision to start reaching out to our patients to make sure they know they have an alternative to losing their providers. Molina also provides coverage to our community and is contracted with GHCH and HMG providers. Beginning June 29th, 2020 if you have Amerigroup Managed Medicaid but want to keep your GHCH and HMG providers, you will need to be enrolled with Molina for Managed Medicaid coverage.
We appreciate your patience and support as we continue discussions with Amerigroup to develop a mutually acceptable solution that benefits the health of our community.
There are 5 options for making the switch to Molina:
1. If you have access to the internet you can sign up at the Washington Health Plan Finder Website: www.wahealthplanfinder.org
2. Provider One Enrollment- Mon-Fri, 8:00am-5pm
a. Phone: 800-562-3022
b. Online: https://www.waproviderone.org/client
3. If you don’t have internet you can call WA Health Plan Finder or to speak with a customer service representative who will guide you through the process.
Toll-free support is available: 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday – Friday
1-855-923-4633; TTY: 1-855-627-9604
Language assistance and disability accommodations are provided at no cost.
4. There is also a free Navigator Service for Grays Harbor & Pacific County: CHOICE Regional Health Network, Phone: 1-360-539-7576
5. GHCH has Navigators working for the hospital who can help you, please call 360-532-8330 to schedule time to speak with a navigator.