The City of Hoquiam, in partnership with Greater Grays Harbor, Inc. (GGHI) is happy to announce the availability of business relief grants for City of Hoquiam businesses and non-profits. The grants are to support COVID-related response and recovery. Applications close on Wednesday, November 25, 2020 at 8 a.m.. There is a limited dollar amount available for such funds and applications will be checked for eligibility in the order they are received.
Applications must be submitted online at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HoquiamRapid
Due to the short time period to process applications any incomplete application will not be considered.
The City of Hoquiam Rapid Relief Small Business and Non-Profit Relief Grant is sourced from Federal CARES Act Funding. Federal regulations do not allow funding from federal programs to be used for duplicate purposes. The City of Hoquiam must comply with this requirement. Grant Awards
• The City of Hoquiam Small Business and Non-Profit Relief Grants will not exceed $3,000 per awardee.
Eligible Expenses – You will be asked to affirm the documented expenses meet the following requirements:
• The expense is connected to the COVID-19 emergency.
• The expense is “necessary” to continue business operations.
• The expense is not filling a short fall in government revenues. (i.e. taxes, licenses, state, county, federal and/or city fees)
• Your businesses UBI is required. This is a nine digit number that begins with a #6. All applicants that make more than $12,000 annually must have a UBI Number. You can look up your UBI at this site.
• Your Business Labor & Industry (L&I) account must be current. You can verify your status here.
• Eligible businesses must not be debarred by the federal government and are eligible to receive federal contracts. For more information visit this site.
• You must have a current business license with the City of Hoquiam.
Application Overview & Requirements
• A completed application for the City of Hoquiam Rapid Relief Small Business and Non-Profit Relief Grants is required to be considered for grant funding.
• Complete applications must be submitted no later than 8:00am, November 25, 2020.
• The applying organization’s will self–attest that the expense has not or will not be funded by any other funding source whether private, State or Federal.
• The applying organization will self–attest that the business would not be requesting assistance with expenses if they had not been impacted COVID-19.
• The applying organization will self-attest that the liabilities occurred before November 30, 2020.
• Applicants will be required to submit the following;
• A completed business W-9. A blank W-9 form can be found here.
• A copy of your Hoquiam Business License
• A copy of either your utility statement OR a rental/mortgage agreement.
I would like to urge Hoquiam business owners to carefully prepare your application and submit your completed application before the deadline.
City of Hoquiam