An Aberdeen home suffered substantial damaged in the living room Saturday, where an overheated extension cord sparked a fire in the 1000 block of East Market. Captain Jr. Streifel said no one was injured, the fire was under control within 15 minutes, reported just after 3 Saturday afternoon.
A total of 17 firefighters responded, 2 engines, 1 ladder truck, 1 EMS, and 2 command vehicles responded. Streifel said damages estimated at about $22-thousand, included fire damage to the living room, and smoke damage throughout the house.