The Pourhouse and attached Selmer’s buildings are coming down soon in Aberdeen. The city council last night approved the award of the contract to demolish the buildings to Roglins, Inc.
The historic buildings have been shuttered since the city purchased the property in 2015 when they also bought the Crystal Steam Bath on South F street. That building, built in 1928, has since been demolished.
Once demolition is complete the entire block between Fuller Way and South F street will be empty and owned by the city. Some of that property is earmarked for a roundabout planned for the Fuller Way, East Market, South F Street intersection.