An Aberdeen man eventually turned himself in after a hit-and-run incident in South Aberdeen sent one woman to the hospital Thursday evening. Lieutenant Kevin Darst with the Aberdeen Police Department said in a press release that officers were dispatched to a Hit and Run Injury Accident at 112 N. Boone Street about 6:41 P.M. on August 16th, 2018. They were advised that a pedestrian was just struck at the Boone and Scott Street intersection. CPR was in progress for the female victim.

The Aberdeen Officers and a Cosmopolis Officer responded to the scene. There were multiple witnesses. The victim, a 27-year-old female with a Hoquiam address was crossing the intersection on Boone Street from the park side heading towards Swansons with her boyfriend, a 27-year-old male with an Aberdeen address. They were in the crosswalk when a White Chevy Pick-up ran the red light and struck the victim with the front of the pickup causing the victim to be thrown forward. Witnesses stated that there was only a male driver in the vehicle. After striking the victim, the male driver continued rolling forward and drove over the victim. The male driver drove from the scene in a hurry. Witnesses tried to follow the vehicle but lost the vehicle.

One of the witnesses was performing CPR on the victim until the Aberdeen Fire Department arrived and took over. The victim was transported to the Grays Harbor Community Hospital and later transported to Harbor View Hospital in Seattle. There are no updates at this time on the status of the victim.

The Police Officers started their investigation of the scene and looked for the suspect. A Hoquiam Police Department Officer also assisted with the investigation. A while later, Sgt. King was notified that the suspect had contacted dispatch and wanted to turn himself in. Sgt. King and other officers responded to a South Aberdeen address and contacted the suspect, a 23-year-old white male with an Aberdeen address. The suspect was taken into custody and booked into the Aberdeen Jail without incident. He was completely cooperative with the investigation and provided a written statement of his account of the accident. The suspect admitted to running the red light and striking the female victim. He stated that he panicked and fled the scene. He contacted family members and made the decision to turn himself in.

Darst said that the investigation is on-going at this point.