By Andrea Dresdale
Photo: Ryan McGinleyOne of the biggest things to look forward to in 2014 is Katy Perry‘s upcoming Prismatic world tour, which gets underway May 7 in Ireland. And the singer says that fans who attend will see a show that’s unlike anything else any artist has done before.
Speaking to London’s Capital FM, Katy said that the stage for the Prismatic tour is “unlike something that I’ve seen for any other artist and it’s unlike anything I’ve ever done,” adding that it’s “different, it’s fresh [and] it’s clean.” What’s more,
From: Adult Contemporary Music News From ABC
Tuning around on the radio dial…
• KSWW “Sunny 102.1FM” (& 101.1 FM in Raymond) Adult Contemporary – 24 hours
Home of Rhys Davis in the morning
• KJET “105 7 The Jet” (& 93.1 FM in East County) Hot Adult Contemporary – 24 hours
Johnny Manson’s Morning Madhouse at 5am
• KANY “Bigfoot” 93 7″ FM – Fresh New Country - Your New Brand of Country – 24 hours
Big D and Bubba 6-10am, Doug McDowell 10am-noon, Brian Douglas in the afternoon
• KBKW NewsTalk 1450 AM and 94.7 FM - 24 hours - More Live talk than any other station in Grays Harbor. The only place to hear CoffeeTalk with Doug McDowell
KLSY “The Quake” 107.9 FM -24 hours – A tsunami of Classic Rock – broadcasting from somewhere off the Washington Coast
And coming soon to a radio near you - 100.5 FM, 103.9 FM, 107.3 FM
• an Aberdeen radio station 1320 AM News Talk
• KXXK 95.3 FM Country
• KDUX 104.7 FM Classic Rock
• KWOK 1490 AM SportsTalk
Low Power FM Stations
A new low-power non-commercial radio service was recently authorized by the FCC to provide local programming to limited geographic areas, normally a 3-4 mile radius. Low Power FM stations in this area include:
• 89.1 FM KXPB-LP Pacific Beach (Pacific Beach Food Bank)
• 91.3 FM KOSW-LP Ocean Shores (City of Ocean Shores)
• 98.5 FM KGHO-LP Hoquiam Oldies – moving to 99.9 FM
• 105.5 FM KQHS-LP Amanda Park
• 106.5 FM KAHS-LP Aberdeen (Abderdeen School District) “The KAHS” Alternative
Low Power FM stations are limited to 100 watts and cannot accept advertising, but can support operations with fund-raiser and “underwriting” announcements, similar to the way Channel 9 KCTS raises funds.
KBKW – From the Harbors Only Locally Owned Media Group
Founded in 1949 by Ben K. Weatherwax, KBKW operates 24-hours on 1450 kHz AM & 94.7 FM, from studios at the Jodesha Broadcast Center, 1520 Simpson Avenue in Aberdeen.
KBKW offers some of the biggest names in talk radio, and the area’s ONLY live local AM drive talk show. Industry veteran Doug McDowell knows his subjects and not only knows what questions to ask, but how to ask them. Doug’s daily CoffeeTalk program has become THE program to listen to every weekday. You can talk to Doug on air between 6 and 10 am by calling 360-533-KBKW, or by emailing [email protected].
Award winning News Director David Haviland reports on the latest breaking news that’s important to you. Email a newstip, or question, to [email protected]
Unlike some stations, most of KBKW weekday programming (and most weekend programming) is LIVE. We feel that’s important with the events going on around the world!
||The Talk of Grays Harbor
||Grays Harbor & Pacific Counties
||1520 Simpson Avenue
Aberdeen Washington 98520
||Bill Wolfenbarger “Boss Bill”
On-Air Mornings 5am-10am