Tag Archive for Captain Jr

Covered extension cords likely cause of living room fire in Aberdeen

AFD Stock

An Aberdeen home suffered substantial damaged in the living room Saturday, where an overheated extension cord sparked a fire in the 1000 block of East Market. Captain Jr. Streifel said no one was injured, the fire was under control within 15 minutes, reported just after 3 Saturday afternoon.
A total of 17 firefighters responded, 2 engines, 1 ladder truck, 1 EMS, and 2 command vehicles responded. Streifel said damages estimated at about $22-thousand, included fire damage to the living room, and smoke damage throughout the house.