OLYMPIA, Wash. – With unusually dry conditions and wildfires burning in parts of the state, the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) is prohibiting campfires and other activities on all agency-managed lands.
The emergency order now in effect prohibits:
- Fires or campfires: However, personal camp stoves or lanterns fueled by liquid petroleum, liquid petroleum gas or propane are allowed.
- Smoking: Unless in an enclosed vehicle.
- Target shooting: Except at shooting ranges developed by WDFW.
- Welding and the use of chainsaws and other equipment:Operating a torch with an open flame and equipment powered by an internal combustion engine is prohibited.
- Operating a motor vehicle off developed roads: Except when parking in areas without vegetation within 10 feet of the roadway and parking in developed campgrounds and at trailheads.
Continue Reading ...