Hoquiam native Kim Lively recently performed for President Barack Obama in Belgium. The singer with the SHAPE International Band tells us the White House asked for her by name to sing the
MONTESANO, Wash. - The Grays Harbor County Emergency Management Agency would like to advise all citizens to become PRO-ACTIVE and prepare for the approaching fall and winter storm seasons. Essential preparation issues include:
1) Obtain an All Hazard Weather Radio, program it to the proper frequency and change the batteries in it every time we change the clocks. (next time change is Nov. 1st)
2) Sign up for the Grays Harbor County Notification System (You’ll receive a text message, phone call and an e-mail with information about any weather or disaster related issue)
3) Find out where the closest shelter is located and practice moving to that shelter with your entire family.
4) All members of your family should have a person to call outside of Grays Harbor County to inform of their situation in the event they are separated from your family during an emergency or weather situation.
5) Prepare a GO-KIT backpack with: ** These are minimal amounts **
a) an AM/FM battery operated portable radio
c) 1- 2 bottles of water for each person and for each pet in the household.
d) Matches in a waterproof container (plastic bag)
e) Snack bars for your family and a small plastic bag of food for each pet
f) Pocket knife
g) A sweatshirt or light jacket for each member
h) Disposable rain poncho for each member of your family
i) Hand warmer packets
j) Package of sanitary wipes
For more information on becoming PRO-ACTIVE and to sign up for the Grays Harbor County Notification System, please go to the Grays Harbor County Emergency Management website at: http://www.co.grays-harbor.wa.us/info/DEM/Index.asp or call (360) 249-3911.