Pizza Hut restaurants across Western Washington are donating 50 percent of all pizza sales from 108 participating locations today to victims of the mudslide disaster in Oso, the restaurant
Firefighters were called to a house fire in the 1000 block of Marion street in Aberdeen Sunday afternoon. Battalion Chief Bill Mayne said a grease fire escalated quickly on the stovetop around
MONTESANO, Wash. - On Saturday, Sept. 21st Grays Harbor County will be conducting a full scale exercise consisting of the mobilization of Community Emergency Response Teams (CERT), faith based organizations, medical Reserve corps members, private citizens and many others.
Chuck Wallace with the County Emergency Management Agency tells us their destination will be the Grays Harbor College Lower Parking Lot where attendees will participate in the development of an assembly area, just as if an earthquake had impacted our county.
A Housing shelter, Medical shelter and Mass feeding shelter will be established by the attendees with assistance from the American Red Cross.
Wallace said this week "We train many but they never get a chance to perform the hands on chores needed during a true disaster, this is your chance"
Everyone is welcome to attend. – All will have the opportunity to practice all three events.
The event is planned to last about 5 hours and will be held rain or shine.
With the arrival of Labor Day and the unofficial end to summer, the American Red Cross encourages eligible donors to roll up a sleeve and give blood or platelets to help ensure sufficient supplies over the holiday weekend.
Those who present to donate between Aug. 26 and Sept. 9 could win one of five $1,000 American Express gift cards, and all donors will walk away with the instant gratification that they may be helping to save more than one life.
"The summer may be coming to an end, but the work of the Red Cross is far from over," said Darrin Greenlee, Interim CEO of the Red Cross Pacific Northwest Blood Services Region. "As you make plans for this Labor Day holiday, please also make time to give blood and help patients who depend on your lifesaving donation."
While thousands of people answered the call for blood and platelet donations issued by the Red Cross earlier this summer, an urgent need remains for platelets and types O negative, A negative and B negative blood. The summer months can be especially difficult to collect enough blood and platelet donations to keep pace with patient needs.
"Patients in local hospitals often can't take a break to enjoy the holiday," Greenlee said. "But blood and platelet donors can give these patients a chance to enjoy this time with family and friends - simply by rolling up a sleeve."
SEATTLE, Wash. - Tracy Peacock has been named community executive for the American Red Cross Mount Rainier Chapter. She succeeds Michael Patton who retired earlier this year.
Peacock will provide leadership for the chapter including its fundraising and community engagement efforts. She will also help build community awareness of the Red Cross; manage the local board of directors; and support Red Cross services throughout Pierce, Thurston, Mason, Grays Harbor and Lewis counties. Last year the chapter responded to more than 140 local disasters, trained nearly 20,000 people in first aid, CPR and disaster preparedness, and delivered more than 1,100 emergency messages to local military families.
Western Washington - With forecasts for powerful winds and heavy rains expected throughout Western Washington, the American Red Cross Mount Rainier Chapter reminds individuals and families to stay safe and be prepared. Some basic preparation and common-sense safety tips will help ensure safety during possible power outages and high winds.
HOQUIAM, Wash. - The American Red Cross Mount Rainier Chapter dispatched aid to the scene of a devastating house fire in Hoquiam today. The early morning blaze forced a family of four to flee from their home located on the 400 block of Cleveland Street in Hoquiam. The Red Cross is helping the family with their immediate needs such as shelter, groceries, clothing, toiletries, and medication replacement.
A two-alarm Fire in Hoquiam this morning just after 3am damage a home, and left the attached garage a total loss. Headquarters Captain David Joy tells us the fire in the 400 block of Cleveland appeared to have started in the garage, then expanding to the home. Responders were able to clear the fire just after 6 this morning, the family in the home got out without injury, the cause of the fire, as well as estimated damages, remain under investigation.