Staff reductions at two local newspapers were announced to employees on Wednesday. Sources tell us seven at the Aberdeen Daily World including at least one reporter have been laid off, as well as two employees at the Vidette including their delivery driver and office manager.
Sources tell us both papers plan to release something today detailing the reduction.
Both papers are owned by Stephens Media Group who also publish the North Coast News in Ocean Shores, and The South Beach Bulletin, in Westport.
- Aberdeen standoff ends in arrest, body remains on scene as investigation continues
- Aberdeen standoff on Oak street after police find body on porch
- Olympia lawmakers looking at levy reform to help fund schools
- Ericka Manwell named Aberdeen Rotary Club Student of the Month for May
- Sen. Murray, Army Corps, and Port of Grays Harbor gather to celebrate Grays Harbor Channel Deepening Project