RAYMOND, Wash. - The Raymond Fire Department is warning of crafting with christmas lights, the finished product isn't always fire safe.
This morning a Pacific County family woke to a home full of smoke thanks to a craft project that the family had bought at a bazaar. A vase was filled with potpourri and a small set of white Christmas lights. After time those lights overheated and smoldered the potpourri, smoking up the home.
The Raymond Fire Department said on their facebook page that in another hour or two it would have for sure caught fire.
Simple Christmas lights are used in many décor projects, please remember these types of lights are designed to be stretched out and not balled up. They can easily overheat and cause a fire!