ABERDEEN, Wash. - Police extinguished a small kitchen fire, while evacuating two floors of the Aberdeen Manor apartments on F street this morning.
Battalion Chief Damon Lillybridge tells us the fire was out when the fire department arrived and began to ventilate the building. Tenants were allowed to return to their homes by just after 5 this morning.
Police were first on scene and were in the process of evacuating the seventh and eighth floors when one officer grabbed an extinguisher from the hallway and put out the fire that apparently started when one tenant was heating cooking oil and left the stove unattended. Lillybridge reported no injuries, the fire spread into the hood and cabinet system above the stove causing four to five-thousand dollars in damages.