Hoquiam, WA - Multiple engines responded to a house fire in Hoquiam this morning in the 600 block of Kuhn street. Fire Investigators said the fire was reported by neighbors as starting with a loud boom.
Hoquiam Police Detective Sergeant Shane Krohn tells us the cause of the fire appears to be accidental in nature. Investigators could confirm the presence of some camping-style propane bottles, but found no evidence of any foul play. One resident was sleeping when the fire started, and made it out with minor injuries.
Crews were inside the home by 10 Tuesday morning, working to keep the fire from taking root in the attic space above the second floor. No cause has been determined, the investigation continues.