The National Association of Town Watch (NATW) has announced that the “29th Annual
National Night Out (NNO) program will culminate on Tuesday, August 7, 2012.
National Night Out, a year-long community building campaign, is designed to: (1)
Heighten crime prevention awareness; (2) Generate support for, and participation in,
local anticrime programs; (3) Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community
partnerships; and (4) Send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods
are organized and fighting back.
Along with the traditional outside lights and front porch vigils, most cities and towns
celebrate National Night Out with a variety of special citywide and neighborhood events
such as block parties, cookouts, parades, festivals, visits from local officials and law
enforcement, safety fairs, and youth events.
2012 ABERDEEN BLOCK PARTIES
As of August 6, 2012
- Doug Paling; North End Park
- Alice Phelps; 1100 Forsythe
- Kathy Holder; 531 Bel Aire Ave.
- Kathy Morrow; 168 Rice Street
- Jo Becker; Leisure Manor
- Carrie and Mike Erwin; 2776 Shamrock Dr.
- Frank Gordon; 2504 Simpson Avenue
2012 HOQUIAM BLOCK PARTIES
As of August 7, 2012
- Adam Burtenshaw; 600 Block of Kuhn.
- Anna Huett; 900 Block of Monroe.
- Steve Williams/Katie Stamwitz; 700 Block Bluff Avenue.
- United Methodist; 5th & L.
- Don and Linda Hurd; 200 Block K Street.
- Denise Anderson; 1400 Block Marion Street.
- Judy Nelson; 900 Block First Street.
- Channel Point Village; 900 Block K Street.
- Laura Foshaug; 914 Maple
- Annaliese Triamos; 303 Emerson (shut down Cleveland from Emerson to Karr)
- Deanna Courts; 700 Block of Karr Ave
- Hoquiam Manor (Alley off of L behind building)
The Montesano Police Department will be hosting this year’s event from 6-9 p.m. in Fleet Park, across from the Post Office.
If any Aberdeen residents would like to add their event, call Myra Rockwell at 533-4966 in Hoquiam, contact Tracy Wood at the City of Hoquiam at 360-637-6040.
Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.