South Bend, WA - The Pacific County Emergency Management Agency is seeking qualified candidates to apply to be an AmeriCorps*State member to support the Disaster Preparedness Public Education Outreach project. The member will build and strengthen the local volunteer base by developing a strong public education outreach program to enhance disaster preparedness and response needs in Pacific County with a focus on low income and vulnerable communities.
AmeriCorps*State program benefits include a living allowance, health insurance, childcare assistance if eligible, training, and an education award upon successful completion of service term. The service term begins September 1, 2012 and ends July 15, 2013.
The application period has been extended to July 26, 2012. To apply, please visit https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/v ... mSearch=true&id=46241.
- · Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- · Working knowledge of office equipment
- · Ability to communicate effectively and independently in written and oral form with a variety of community groups, agencies, and officials
- · Lift up to 40 lbs.
- · Experience in emergency management, community involvement, or education preferred but not required
- · Be a US citizen, US national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the US
- · Be 18-25 years of age at the start date of the service term
- · Pass required criminal background checks
- · Not be listed on the National Sex Offender Registry (NSOR)
- · Living allowance of $1,125 per month (before taxes)
- · Training and experience
- · Subsidized childcare (if qualified)
- · Health Insurance (member only)
- · Student loan forbearance and/or payment of interest on qualified student loans
- · $5,550 Education Award provided by National Service Trust (upon successful completion of service term)
Visit http://www.americorps.gov/about/programs/state_national.asp for more information about AmeriCorps*State.
For more information about the AmeriCorps*State position or project, contact Denise Rowlett at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (360) 875-9338.