MONTESANO, Wash. - Grays Harbor firefighters were dispatched to a residential structure fire just after 2 this morning in rural Montesano.
James Kuchciak with Fire District 2 tells us the fire originated in the upstairs bedroom of the home in the 20 block of Garden Tracks road. Firefighters immediately took a defensive stance because the fire spread so quickly through the home, which was a total loss. No injuries were reported by occupants or fire personnel this morning, Kuchciak tells us smoke detectors were present in the home but did not alert residents. Kuchcian reminds everyone not to leave candles burning unattended, and to change the batteries in their smoke detectors at least twice a year.