SHELTON, Wash. - Mason County Search and Rescue is seeking dedicated, competent, and credible individuals to volunteer their time and resources to finding and rescuing lost and injured people in Mason County.
According to Mason County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue Coordinator, Sergeant Trevor Severance, volunteers from several categories of the Search and Rescue function are being sought.
An informational meeting will be held at 9 am December, 11 at the Mason County Public Works Facility; 100 W Public Works Way, just north of Shelton off Hwy 102. Anyone interested in participating in Search and Rescue, should attend. If you have any questions, contact Sgt. Trevor Severance at email@example.com or the Mason County Sheriff’s Office at (360) 427-9670 Ext 313.
- Ø Base Camp – Members conduct food service functions, logistical support and various other base camp duties. This opportunity is great for those that want to participate but can not or do not choose to work in the field.
- Ø Explorer Search and Rescue – This unit primarily used for ground search. Members range from 14 years of age up. The unit conducts field operations in the brush, usually on foot.
- Ø Mobile – This unit consists of specialists that conduct road searches and assist in transporting other units.
- Ø Dive Team – This unit conducts underwater and swift water search, rescue and recovery operations.
- Ø ATV – This unit conducts Search and Rescue operations from all terrain vehicles. Some members are crossovers from other units.
- Ø Horse SAR – We are seeking interested individuals who want to help create and operate a horse mounted Search and Rescue Unit