Olympia, WA - Begin a new family tradition this year, or continue an old one, by cutting your own Christmas tree this holiday season! Olympic National Forest Christmas tree permits are now available at offices throughout the Olympic peninsula.
The permits cost $5.00 each (cash or check only) and can be purchased during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, with special weekend hours at some locations. The permits are valid in specified areas of the Olympic National Forest. Maps and information about cutting locations will be provided with each permit sale.
Contact your local office for hours and details:
- Olympic National Forest Headquarters Olympia (360-956-2300)
- Hood Canal Ranger District Office in Quilcene (360-765-2200)
- Pacific Ranger District Office in Quinault (360-288-2525)
- Hoodsport Visitor Information Center
- Forks Visitor Information Center
Mail order permits are available from the Olympia, Quilcene, and Quinault offices; visit our website for additional information. Please contact your nearest office for current road and weather conditions. Note that all offices will be closed for the Thanksgiving holiday on November 25.