OLYMPIA ¾ Electrical hazards, rodent droppings, and other unsafe conditions have led the state Department of Health to immediately suspend the license of the Chinook Motel. The motel at 1414 E. First St. in Port Angeles poses an immediate threat to guests.
Investigators noted possible construction, maintenance, electrical, fire, and safety code violations. Motel room conditions include unsafe, exposed electrical wiring; improperly installed electrical equipment; and smoke detectors that don't work or are missing. Mold; badly stained mattresses; ivy growing inside some units from the outside; unsanitary floors, walls, and fixtures; and other unsanitary conditions were found in the rooms.