The 26th annual ‘National Night Out' against crime in America is scheduled for next Tuesday August 4th. We have several block parties scheduled around town starting at 1800 hours (6 PM) and the police/ fire departments with the city administration will be traveling around to visit at each one. We only get to spend 15-20 minutes at each party, but it is a great time to visit with citizens in the neighborhood- plus put on a few pounds from all the great food!
Hoquiam Police Chief Jeff Meyers told the City Council "I wanted to make sure that each of you are invited to either tag along with us, or perhaps make an appearance at the party in your Ward." Meyers added "In addition to HPD and HFD, we will also have members of our CRIME WATCH, some dispatchers from E911 and perhaps some Community Corrections Officers from state DOC.
This News is a service of:
The Hoquiam list as of 7/29 is...
BLOCK PARTIES 2009
- Channel Point Village - 10th St Side by overhang
- United Methodist Church - 5th & L Street
- Judy Nelson - 919 1st Street
- Don & Linda Hurd - 204 K Street
- Deanna Courts - Karr & Jefferson
- Tracy Wood - O and Alder Triangle Park
- Hoquiam Manor (Alley behind building - will block off L Street between City Hall and Manor)
- Katie Stamwitz - 719 Bluff (Alley behind the homes on Bluff)