ABERDEEN, Wash. - Three weeks after a two-alarm fire displaced a South Aberdeen family, three adults and two children are living in the yard of their former home. Now a Facebook community of about 250 is forming up around the Porter family.
The fire on the 27th of July caused smoke and water damage to anything that wasn't burned. More than $100,000 in damages, but no injuries were reported by Aberdeen Fire.
Members of the community have come forward to donate everything from clothing to cookware. There is a potluck being held for the family at 4 this afternoon in the 500 block of Southwest Front Street.
You can donate directly to the "Porter Family fire fund" at any Twin Star Credit Union.