ABERDEEN, Wash. - The Aberdeen School Board has established a timeline to fill the vacancy in Position 1 created by the unexpected death of Director Jeff Snell.
- Friday, September 7: Deadline to nominate a member of the community.
- Friday, September 14: Deadline to submit a letter of interest.
- Tuesday, September 18: School Board will review letters of interest in closed session prior to its regular meeting.
- Tuesday, September 25: School Board will conduct candidate interviews. Open meeting.
- Tuesday, October 2: Appointee will be sworn in during regular meeting of the School Board.
Members of the community are invited to nominate candidates for the vacant School Board position. Nominations should be directed to the care of Superintendent Thomas Opstad, 216 North G St., Aberdeen, WA 98520, or via email at email@example.com. The deadline to submit a nomination is Friday, September 7, which will allow the superintendent time to contact any nominees who have not already expressed an interest.
Letters of Interest
Letters from members of the community who are interested in filling the vacancy are encouraged. Letters are due by 4:00 p.m. Friday, September 14, and should be addressed to the School Board in care of Superintendent Thomas Opstad, 216 North G St., Aberdeen, WA 98520, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oath of Office
The selected applicant will be invited to take the oath of office at the regular meeting of the School Board scheduled for 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, October 2.
School Board members are volunteers who serve four-year terms of office. The appointee will serve until the next local election in 2013, at which time the position will be up for election to fill the remaining two years of the unexpired term. In the Aberdeen School District, all director positions are at-large.
For more information about the process or to learn more about the duties of School Board members, contact Superintendent Thomas Opstad at (360) 538-2002, or request a phone call via email at email@example.com.