Montesano, WA - This week Grays Harbor County is mailing 2012 Listings of Personal Property for taxes payable in 2013.
This mailing is sent to all businesses within Grays Harbor County. By April 30th every year every person in business is to complete and deliver to the Assessor a listing of Personal Property in their possession or under their control as of January 1 of the same year. Personal Property is subject to the same levy rate as real property.
Listing forms are available at the Assessor’s Office. This listing must identify all taxable property for each business. Personal Property includes but is not limited to the following:
Machinery, equipment, furniture, and supplies of businesses and farmers. It also includes any improvements made to the land leased from the government.
We have made several changes to our mailing this year to be able to increase our efficiencies and reduce the costs associated with mailing and collecting personal property information, and provide as much information as possible on the mailing. - Sue Carlson with the Grays Harbor County Assessor's Office
This News is a service of:
- We are requesting email information from our personal property accounts so that we can send statements by email in the future.
- We would like as many as possible to scan the information and email it back to our office. Our email address is Assessor@co.grays-harbor.wa.us.
- We are interested in receiving the information electronically in such a way as to automatically update our files. Please contact us to discuss this option.
- We are not including brochures this year. However, they can be accessed on our website.
- There is a scan code on the listings which will automatically pull up the web site with the brochures, for enabled devices, like some cell phones.
- We have printed the information on both sides of the paper to reduce costs and facilitate mailing.
- We have reorganized the check off section for business organization and potential qualifying exemptions. This section should be accurately completed as there is a possible $15,000 exemption for qualifying Sole Proprietor businesses.
- We have added the current assessed value to the form. This shows the businesses how their cost based asset was valued with depreciation as of 12/31/2011.
We would appreciate any comments or suggestions regarding the personal property mailings and data collection process.
If you have questions or would like more information regarding personal property, please contact the Grays Harbor County Assessor’s Office at (360)249-4121 ext. 358.