Subscribe to KBKW, and stay informed from your inbox.
High Surf Advisory in Effect
Posted by David Havilandon February 17, 2012 at 6:20 am (361 social interactions)
North Coast-Central Coast- 352 AM PST Fri Feb 17 2012
...High Surf Advisory In Effect From 10 AM To 10 PM PstSaturday...
• Seas...Powerful Westerly Swells Will Build To 21 To 24 Feet DuringThe Day Saturday Before Subsiding Saturday Night.
• Time Of High Tide...Will Occur At 918 AM PST Saturday At La PushAnd 1001 AM PST At Aberdeen. The Large Waves Are Expected ToArrive After The Time Of High Tide.
• Predicted Tide...8.51 Feet At La Push And 10.31 Feet At AberdeenSaturday Morning.
• Timing...The Large Waves Are Expected To Reach The Coast LateSaturday Morning.
• Impacts...Powerful...Breaking Waves Will Make It Very DangerousTo Fish Or Observe Waves From Rocks...Jetties...Or Breakwaters.Unwary Beach Walkers Can Easily Be Caught Off Guard As WavesSuddenly Race Farther Up The Beach Than Normal. Those PlanningTo Go Clamming This Weekend Should Monitor The Latest WaveForecasts From The National Weather Service.
A High Surf Advisory Means That High Surf Will Affect Beaches InThe Advisory Area...Producing Rip Currents And Localized BeachErosion.