Subscribe to KBKW, and stay informed from your inbox.
Family Friend Saves Family's Life
Posted by David Havilandon January 9, 2012 at 7:43 am (561 social interactions)
HOQUIAM, Wash. - The friend of a Hoquiam family may have saved 5 lives last night after noticing they were suffering from Carbon Monoxide poisoning around 10:30 and calling 911. The Hoquiam Fire Department tells us the power was disconnected to a home in the 200 block of Garfield, and the family inside was running a generator in the basement for about 12 hours Sunday before a visiting friend noticed, and called for help. All five family members were transported with Carbon Monoxide Poisoning symptoms, one was later transferred to Virginia Mason.