Subscribe to KBKW, and stay informed from your inbox.
Aberdeen Family "Lucky to be alive" After Smoke Detector Fails to Warn
Posted by David Havilandon December 2, 2011 at 6:20 am (418 social interactions)
ABERDEEN, Wash. - Another Aberdeen family is lucky to be alive after a fireplace overheated and ignited floor joists in the 1700 block of B street Thursday night. Battalion Chief Bill Mayne tells us the four adults and one child in the home were sleeping around 10 when smoke was noticed. Mayne said the home's smoke detector had it's batteries removed and would have warned the family much sooner had it been working properly. No one was injured, Maybe said damages to the home were estimated at around $2-thousand.