September Is Weather Radio Awareness Month in Washington
Awareness Month Activities include:
- Governor Gregoire‘s Proclamation of Weather Radio Awareness Month.
- Web Site information with consumer incentives on weather radios – www.emd.wa.gov/
- Consumer incentives on weather radios from manufacturers and vendors.
- Heightened awareness for schools and the emergency preparedness community.
- Coastal Tsunami Warning Communications Test and Statewide Earthquake Drill on Sept 24 at about 1015 AM using EAS via Weather Radio.
- Dedication of new Upper Cowlitz River Basin Weather Radio station on Sept 24.
- Booths at the Puyallup Fair, Spokane Co Interstate Fair, Columbia River Watershed Festival, Thurston Co Disaster Fair, Renton Disaster Fair and many other outreach events.
- Local retailers with weather radios – Fred Meyer, Radio Shack, Joes, REI, Walgreens, Cabela’s