Newstalk KBKW

Raymond house fire displaces three, no injuries

RAYMOND, Wash. – A Raymond family awoke to the smell of smoke late last night to find the wall and ceiling around their wood stove was on fire. Fire Chief Todd Strozyk tells us the three were able to quickly escape and call 911 just before midnight Thusday.
Fire crews arrived to flames on the roof and around the chimney of the home in the 100 block of Ocean Avenue, 11 firefighters responded. Some were on scene for a couple of hours overnight watching for hotspots. Strozyk estimated damages at around $20,000 and said that the three people displaced will be staying with family.

Comments are closed.