Western Washington braces for winter driving conditions
We need help from drivers to keep traffic moving
“Keep your speed down, and maintain your patience,” said Capt. Randy Drake, commander of WSP’s Bellevue District Office. “Traffic is always heavy after a Seahawks game. Don’t let the rush to get home cause you to make a bad decision in heavy traffic.”
Drivers should prepare for cold temperatures, fill up the gas tank and check
road status as WSDOT crews prepare for rain, hail and snow.
Know before you go:
- Find out what’s happening in the Puget Sound region .
- If you are riding a Washington State Ferry to work or the Seahawks game, sign up for ferry alerts and listen for announcements on the ferry.
- Call 511. WSDOT’s driver information phone line provides real-time traffic, incident and closure information. Out-of-state callers can dial 1-800-695-ROAD (7623). TTY users can call 1-800-833-6388.
- Sign up for email updates and social media tools such as Facebook.
- Follow traveler information on Twitter @wsdot, @wsdot_traffic, @wsdot_passes, @wsdot_tacoma,@SnoqualmiePass.