Newstalk KBKW

Strong weather expected Sunday into Monday on the harbor

Bookmark and Share
 
A HIGH WIND WARNING MEANS DAMAGING WINDS ARE OCCURRING OR IMMINENT. SUSTAINED WINDS OF AT LEAST 40 MPH…OR GUSTS OF 58 MPH OR STRONGER ARE LIKELY OR OCCURRING.
 
4)  A FLOOD WATCH has been issued for Grays Harbor County until Monday morning, due to the heavy rainfall. Western Washington Rivers are expected to rise to near or just above flood stage although all Grays Harbor County rivers are very low at this point. No Grays Harbor County rivers are expected to flood at this time. Roadways may become flooded during periods of heavy rain and cause dangerous driving conditions.
 
A FLOOD WATCH MEANS CONDITIONS ARE FAVORABLE FOR FLOODING BUT FLOODING IS NOT IMMINENT OR OCCURRING. MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS FROM THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE AND BE READY TO ACT QUICKLY IF FLOODING IS OBSERVED OR A WARNING IS ISSUED.
 
5)  A HIGH SURF WARNING has been issued for the Coast from 5pm Sunday thru 11am Monday with surf building to 27-30 feet.Seas will rapidly build behind the storm front and subside Monday morning.
 
A HIGH SURF WARNING MEANS THAT DANGEROUSLY HIGH SURF WILL BATTER BEACHES IN THE WARNED AREA... PRODUCING DEADLY RIP CURRENTS AND SOME BEACH EROSION.
 
6)  Grays Harbor County Emergency Management is urging all residents to prepare for the severe weather arriving today:
1)    Prepare for high winds and the possibility of down trees and power lines resulting in power outages throughout the county. 
2)    Use extreme caution while driving in heavy downpours as roadways may become flooded. 
3)    Use caution along the beaches. DO NOT TURN YOUR BACK TO THE SEA. Waves will run up the beaches much farther and be strong enough to pull a person into the sea. Use extreme caution on rocks and jetties as debris can be thrown about in the surf. Considerable beach erosion will occur. DO NOT venture into the water.
4)    NEVER USE PORTABLE GENERATORS INDOORS. Please make every effort to keep any gas or propane powered equipment far away from the interior of your home due to the possibility of Carbon Monoxide poisoning. If you suspect you or any family member may be ill due to Carbon Monoxide poisoning, CALL 911 and LEAVE THE PROPERTY IMMEDIATELY

Comments are closed.