Law Enforcement Efforts over Rod Run Weekend Leads to a Safer Roadway Event
This year, local law enforcement including the Pacific County Sheriff’s Office, Long Beach Police Department, and Washington State Patrol are pleased to report a successful event. Over the weekend, there were no major traffic incidents or collisions reported – which includes serious injury collisions, fatality collisions and/or hit and run investigations.
Significant results from the two-day event are below:
- Officers made over 330 traffic stops for traffic violations.
- 10 DUI (Driving under the Influence) arrests were made.
- 139 contacts for speeding, resulting in 51 speeding infractions
- 14 seatbelt restraint violations, resulting in nine infractions
- Six drivers were arrested for driving while their license was suspended or revoked
- One driver was cited for negligent driving
- One arrest was made for a misdemeanor warrant
The combined law enforcement effort was also supported by officers from the Department of Fish and Wildlife, other Pacific County municipalities, and Thurston, Mason, Lewis, Wahkiakum and Cowlitz counties.