THE PACIFIC COUNTY CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION IS ESTABLISHING A HIRING REGISTER FOR TELECOMMUNICATOR. APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL 5 p.m. Thursday, September 19, 2013.
Compensation for the position of Telecommunicator begins at $2815.00 per month, plus benefits.
Telecommunicator duties include:
Taking incoming calls from the public.
Evaluating and prioritizing calls for service.
Operating multi-frequency radio equipment.
Dispatching law enforcement, fire and emergency medical instructions.
Providing pre-arrival and/or emergency medical instructions.
Entering and retrieving data from law enforcement computer systems.
Monitoring and maintaining information on location of all in-service law enforcement, fire and emergency medical units.
Operating TDD/TTY devices.
Operates digital tape recording devices.
Maintains security and controls access to the jail and communications center.
U.S. citizen, High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent; valid Washington State driver’s license and proof of insurance; minimum of 21 years at time of appointment; typing speed of 40 wpm. Applicant must meet hiring standards and pass background screening. Record of outstanding warrants, felony and misdemeanor convictions, and history of drug use are subject to hiring standards.
Request application packet from Pacific County Civil Service Commission at
360-875-9300 x2244, or by email from [email protected]. The applications may also be downloaded from the Pacific County website, www.co.pacific.wa.us .
Complete application and supplemental questionnaire.
Take typing test at Worksource. You must be able to type at least 40 wpm for this position.
Submit completed application, Worksource typing certificate, and supplemental questionnaire to the Civil Service Commission, P.O. Box 6, South Bend, WA 98586. Applications postmarked after September 19, 2013 will not be accepted.
Applicants must complete 3 different tests; a keyboarding skills test, a written examination, and an oral board exam. Applicants must pass each test to continue on to the next test.
1. Contact WorkSource to take the typing test. You will be given a certificate with your speed and accuracy on it, which you must turn in with your application.
2. A written examination will be conducted on Friday, October 4 at 9:00 a.m. at the Pacific County Annex Building, 1216 Robert Bush Drive, South Bend. Applicants must obtain a score of 70% or above to pass the written examination.
3. Persons passing the typing and written phases of the examination process will be invited to an oral board examination. The date of the oral board has not yet been scheduled; all applicants will be notified of the date when it is scheduled.
4. The written examination will be weighted at 60% and the oral board examination will be weighted at 40%.
5. The Civil Service Examiner will tabulate the written and oral examination scores and determine a rankings list that will be presented to the Civil Service Commission for Certification. Once certified, the Telecommunicator register will be valid for 12 months, or until the list is exhausted.
6. As openings in the Telecommunicator class occur, the Chief Examiner will submit the top 3 names on the Telecommunicator eligibility list to the appointing authority for consideration in filling the vacancy.
Additional information may be obtained by calling Amy Dennis at
360-875-9300, ext. 2244 or email [email protected].
Pacific County does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.
Pacific County Sheriff’s Office
300 Memorial Street
South Bend, WA 98586
Sheriff’s Office Patrol and Corrections