WDFW seeks applicants for two wildlife advisory councils
Anderson encourages current advisory group members to reapply, but said the department is also looking for new candidates with varied backgrounds who can effectively present their views on wildlife management to WDFW and the public.
“The department carefully considers recommendations received from these advisory groups,” Anderson said. “We value the experience that long-standing members bring to the table, but we also want each council to represent the diversity of interests that the public has about wildlife management across the state.”
WDFW will consider all nominations received by July 15 at 5 p.m. Nominations must be submitted in writing and include the following information:
- The name of the advisory group.
- Nominee’s name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Relevant experience and reasons for wanting to serve as a member of the advisory group.
- Nominee’s effectiveness in communication.
- Name and contact information for any individual or organization submitting a nomination.
Nominations can be submitted to:
- GMAC: Send nomination to Dave Ware, WDFW Game Division Manager, at Da[email protected] or Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife, 600 Capitol Way N, Olympia, WA 98501-1091. For more information, contact Dave Ware at (360) 902-2509.
- WDAC: Send nomination to Eric Gardner, Wildlife Diversity Division Manager, at [email protected] or Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife, 600 Capitol Way N, Olympia, WA 98501-1091. For more information, contact Eric Gardner at (360) 902-2509.
The GMAC holds at least three one-day meetings each year, and the WDAC holds at least two meetings per year. Special meetings may be called when special issues/topics arise. Council members are eligible to be reimbursed by WDFW for travel expenses to attend meetings.