The Ocean Shores Fire and Police Departments want you and your family to have a fun and safe 4th of July in Ocean Shores. Below is a list of safety ideas and laws that you can follow in order to enjoy your holiday while avoiding citations or arrest.
Within the city limits of Ocean Shores the following apply:
- Fireworks may be discharged only on the beach between the Marine View Drive Beach Access and the Damon Beach Approach a minimum of 100 feet west of the dunes.
- Dates and hours of discharge
- On July 2nd and 3rd between the hours of 12:00 Noon and 11:00 PM
- On July 4th between the hours of 12:00 Noon and 12:00 Midnight
- Fireworks shall not be discharged in or into the dunes.
- Fireworks shall not be discharged from decks or balconies of hotels, motels or any residential properties.
- Only legal fireworks may be discharged.
- Fire crackers and bottle-rocket type fireworks are not permitted.
- Dispose of garbage and used fireworks properly in garbage containers, Do not leave trash lying on the beach!
- Beach campfires must be a minimum of 100 feet west of the dunes. Completely extinguish your campfire before you leave.
- Do not drink and drive!!! The beach is a state highway and all licensing, registration and rules of the road apply the same as they do on any other public roadway. Maximum speed limit is 25 miles per hour or slower if the beaches are crowded. Violation of fireworks, motor vehicle or other laws can lead to citations ranging from $150 to well over $1000. Have fun, but be safe.