A hands-on fire suppression tutorial will be facilitated by the Ilwaco Fire Department outside the Ilwaco High School at 11:00 am and will last the duration of the fair. Participants will have the opportunity to suppress a real fire with an extinguisher. Children are welcome to participate.
“Prepare to be a Hero” posters created by Naselle, Long Beach, and Ocean Park elementary school students will be on display at the fair. Contest winners will be announced and awarded at 12:00 p.m.
The Pacific County Preparedness Fair was inspired by the success of the annual preparedness fair held in Ocean Park and organized by community volunteer Jackie Sheldon. All Pacific County residents are encouraged to attend.
- · 10:00 am – Fair Opens
- · 10:00 am – Disastrous Campout – Aaron Webster
- · 11:00 am – Organizing Your Vital Documents – Senja Antilla
- · 11:00 am – Hands-on Fire Suppression Training – Ilwaco Fire Department
- · 12:00 pm – Poster Contest Winners Announced
- · 1:00 pm – Tsunami Debris: Volunteering to Keep Pacific County Beaches Clean -
- · 1:30 pm – Door Prize Winners Announced
- · 2:00 pm – Fair Closes
Individuals, businesses, groups, and organizations interested in participating as exhibitors or volunteers, may contact Kirsten Harvill at (360) 875-9409 or firstname.lastname@example.org.