Newstalk KBKW

Neighbors Kick in Door, Extinguish Kitchen Fire

Bookmark and Share
ABERDEEN, Wash. – Neighbors kicked in the door and extinguished a cooking fire last night, Battalion Chief Bill Mayne with the Aberdeen Fire Department said the structure fire at a home in the 1500 block of Bay Avenue was extinguished by the time trucks arrived just before 7 last night. The residents had apparently been cooking and went to the store to get more groceries forgetting to turn off their range top. Smoke alerted the neighbors, who kicked in the front door and used a powder extinguisher to dowse the unattended cooking fire.
Mayne said that the good Samaritans had the best of intentions, but warns against kicking open doors and entering a structure with an active fire, possibly adding to the list of victims. The best thing to do is to call 911 and wait for aid to arrive.

Comments are closed.