Second Razor Clam Dig Approved, Beginning Cyber Monday
Digging days and evening low tides for those beaches are:
- · Nov. 26, Monday, 5:16 p.m., -0.1 ft, Twin Harbors
- · Nov. 27, Tuesday, 5:52 p.m., -0.3 ft., Twin Harbors
- · Nov. 28, Wednesday, 6:27 p.m., -0.4 ft., Twin Harbors
- · Nov. 29, Thursday, 7:01 p.m., -0.4 ft., Twin Harbors, Long Beach
- · Nov. 30, Friday, 7:35 p.m., -0.3 ft., Twin Harbors, Long Beach, Copalis, Mocrocks
- · Dec. 1, Saturday, 8:10 p.m., -0.1 ft., Twin Harbors, Long Beach, Copalis, Mocrocks
Ayres noted that the best digging occurs one to two hours prior to low tide.
Clam diggers are limited to 15 razor clams per day, and are required to keep the first 15 clams they dig. Each digger’s clams must be kept in a separate container.
All diggers age 15 or older must have an applicable 2012-13 fishing license to harvest razor clams on any beach. Licenses, ranging from a three-day razor clam license to an annual combination fishing license, are available on WDFW’s website at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov and from license vendors around the state.
Information about beach locations and additional digs proposed in the weeks ahead is available on WDFW’s website at http://goo.gl/ooxEO.