DNR: September 29 is National Public Lands Day
Please join us at one of the following events and help maintain public lands on September 29!
- Tiger Mountain State Forest – near Issaquah, WA – Contribute to efforts to create a sustainable network of mountain bike trails…the first in over 20 years!
- Capitol State Forest – near Olympia, WA – Grab your quad and ‘rock the loop.’ Volunteers will move gravel into place along the Lost Valley Loop Trail.
- Yacolt Burn State Forest – Near Vancouver, WA – Clean up Off-Road Vehicle (ORV) trails as you ‘pick up the burn.’ Bonus: enjoy lunch by Piston Wild Motorsports.
- Cattle Point NRCA– San Juan Islands – Protect sensitive bluffs around Cattle Point by installing a split rail fence.
- Camas Meadows NRCA– near Ellensburg, WA – Event canceled do to wildfire in area.
- NEW! Mailbox Peak - near North Bend, WA - Keep hikers safe by building a new sustainable trail to Mailbox Peak.
- Reiter Foothills Motorized Trails – near Gold Bar, WA – Build motorized trail and break new ground on ATV trails.
- NEW! September 30 Reiter Foothills Non-Motorized Trails– near Gold Bar, WA – Continue the spirit of National Public Lands Day and layout new hiking, equestrian, and mountain biking trails at Reiter Foothills!
Not only is National Public Lands Day the nation’s largest hands-on volunteer effort on public lands, it is a chance to encourage your family to get outside, be active, and make new friends!