Multiple Opening Days in April
Licenses and permits are avaiIable online ( https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/ ), by phone (1-866-246-9453) and from sporting goods stores and other retail license dealers around the state. A list of license vendors ( http://wdfw.wa.gov/licensing/vendors/ ) is available online and from local WDFW offices around the state.
Key dates for anglers and hunters to keep in mind in April include:
- April 7-8 – A two-day spring turkey hunt for hunters age 15 and younger is scheduled statewide.
- April 7-9 – A morning razor-clam dig has been tentatively scheduled at several ocean beaches, pending the results of marine toxin tests. For details, see WDFW’s razor clam webpage at http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/shellfish/razorclams/current.html .
- April 15 – The general spring turkey hunt opens for hunters of all ages and runs through May 31. See WDFW’s Washington Wild Turkey Spring Season pamphlet at http://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/regulations/ for more information.
- April 16 – Neah Bay (Marine Area 4) opens for lingcod.
- April 28 – Several hundred lowland lakes open to trout fishing across the state for the biggest “opening day” of the year.
For more information about these and other outdoor activities coming up in the weeks ahead, see the region-by-region Weekender Reports on WDFW’s website at http://wdfw.wa.gov/weekender/ . These reports are updated throughout the month for changes in fishing rules and other developments throughout the state.