The National Weather Service has issued a High Wind Warning for the Washington Coast. A High Surf Advisory is in effect from 5am Monday until 11pm Monday with waves expected to be 20-25 feet. .
Tonight, a High Wind Warning will be issued for the Washington Coast. Sustained South –Southeast winds are expected to be 35-40 mph with gusts 60-70 mph
The main impact will be around daybreak Monday.
Grays Harbor County Emergency Management is alerting all citizens to possible power outages which could be associated with the wind event. Be alert for downed tree limbs and power lines.
Avoid Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Carbon monoxide is an odorless, invisible gas that can kill. Carbon monoxide comes from burning fuels such as gasoline, propane, oil, kerosene, natural gas, coal or wood. Carbon monoxide poisoning is preventable:
- Only use portable generators outdoors and far from open windows and vents.
- Never use a generator indoors, in garages or carports.
- Never use a gas or charcoal grill, hibachi, or portable propane heater to cook indoors or heat your home.
- If you use a portable space heater indoors, be sure to leave a window open 1-2” to provide ventilation. Never fill a Space Heater indoors!
Carbon monoxide poisoning can strike suddenly and without warning. Physical symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning may include splitting headache, nausea, vomiting, lethargy and fatigue. If you or a family member believes that they could be experiencing carbon monoxide poisoning, get out of the property and call 911 immediately from a neighbor’s home.
Never Go Near a Fallen Power Line
If you encounter a fallen power line, STAY AWAY! Wet ground can conduct the electricity and it may arc to your body if you get too close. If you find a fallen power line, call 911 and STAY AWAY!