OLYMPIA, Wash. – Washington State Fire Marshal Charles M. Duffy recommends that consumer fireworks not be stored in a home or garage. “All fireworks purchased at a consumer fireworks stand should be discharged during the legal discharge dates for your community,” said Duffy.
Fireworks should not be stored until the next fireworks season. A curious child may decide to light an old fireworks item. When exposed to different elements such as water or chemicals, the composition of fireworks can change, thus making them a hazardous material. Be responsible, properly discharge all consumer fireworks. Personal fireworks require personal responsibility.
For more information about fireworks safety, public fireworks displays and the fireworks laws for your area, check the Celebrate Safely website at http://www.wsp.wa.gov/fire/fireworks.htm.