Licenses and permits are avaiIable online , by phone (1-866-246-9453) and from sporting goods stores and other retail license dealers around the state. A list of license vendors is available online and from local WDFW offices around the state.
Key dates for anglers and hunters to keep in mind for the month of April include:
- April 2-3 – A two-day spring turkey hunt for hunters age 15 and younger is scheduled statewide.
- April 4 – Spring chinook fishery closes below Bonneville Dam, but could reopen after a catch assessment.
- April 7-9 – Morning razor-clam dig scheduled at Long Beach and Twin Harbors, pending the results of marine toxin tests. See WDFW’s razor clam webpage for details.
- April 15 – The general spring turkey hunt opens for hunters of all ages and runs through May 31. See WDFW’s Washington Wild Turkey Spring Season pamphlet for details.
- April 16 – Lingcod fishing opens off Neah Bay in Marine Area 4. The fishery has been open in ocean marine areas 1-3 since mid-March.
- April 19-23 – Morning razor-clam dig scheduled at several beaches, pending the results of marine toxin tests. See WDFW’s razor clam webpage for details.
- April 30 – Several hundred lowland lakes open to trout fishing across the state for the biggest “opening day” of the year.
For more information about these and other outdoor activities coming up in the weeks ahead, see the region-by-region Weekender Reports on WDFW’s website. These reports are updated throughout the month for changes in fishing rules and other developments throughout the state.