Newstalk KBKW

Fire Monitoring System Saves Life of Elderly Aberdeen Woman

ABERDEEN, Wash. – Aberdeen Fire Department Crews had to bust down a door at the scene of a Kitchen fire in South Aberdeen last night. Battalion Chief Bill Mayne tells us the fire started on the stove when an elderly woman had fallen and was unable to shut off the cooking food. Mayne said this 96 year old woman was very fortunate, and had many factors working in her favor last night, not the least of which was a monitored fire alarm that prompted the response to the 1100 block of Stockwell just before 7PM. Southside crews were on scene 36 seconds after notification from the monitoring service. The woman was treated and transported to Community Hospital.

Comments are closed.